Applications Open for Spotlight Initiative (SI) Programme in Liberia
Deadline: 19 July 2019
Applications are open for Spotlight Initiative (SI) Programme which is a joint initiative of the United Nations system and the European Union in partnership with the Government and civil society of Liberia to contribute to the elimination of sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV), harmful practices (HPs) and obstacles to access sexual and reproductive health rights (SRHRs).
It provides a unique opportunity to demonstrate that a significant, concerted and comprehensive investment in gender equality can make a transformative difference in the lives of women and girls, as well as contribute to the achievement of all the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It will focus on consolidating gains by developing a more effective prevention and response mechanism to violence against women and girls and the promotion of SRHRs , through innovative approaches that strengthen an enabling legal and policy framework, effective and coordinated institutions, community mobilization and empowerment, increased and equitable access to holistic and integrated care services, access to and use of quality statistical data and strengthened and dynamic women’s rights organizations.
Activity Target Group
The selected IP/RP will work with the following target groups;
- CSOs including women’s rights institutions that are interested and committed to dedicate time for gender budget watchdog reporting in pilot ministries1 in the Republic of Liberia;
- Research and academic institutions;
- Parliamentary Committees on gender, budget and health;
- Legislative Budget Office (LBO); and
- Women Legislative Caucus
Reputation of Organization and Staff
- Documented successful track record (for newly formed organizations, the personnel to be assigned to the UN Women project should have a proven track record of 5 years in the subject field);
- A proven commitment to results (able to provide records of successful projects);
- Proven credibility in the country or region or in the original country of location, especially credibility in terms of working towards gender responsive planning and budgeting, gender equality, women’s rights and economic empowerment.
General Organizational Capability
- Strength of project management on conducting successful and standard trainingto advocate for Gender Responsive Planning, Budgeting and Monitoring to address VAWG, SGBV/HP and promote Women and Girls’ SRHR;
- Track record in advocating for gender equality and strategy to address VAWG, SGBV/HP and promote Women and Girls’ SRHR
- Track record of working in transparency and accountability;
- Record and evidence of organizational culture of accountability, such as a written code of conduct, measures on anti-corruption and sexual harassment policy;
- A track record of delivering quality and timely project results.
Organizational expertise in the area of specified programme
- Evidence that the organization can conduct quality training on GRB and, handholding and other needed support to the clients of the project or previous experience and expertise of successfully managing projects of same nature.
Accountability and Financial Control
- A functioning internal control framework and process to deliver quality and timely project results.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit http://procurement-notices.undps.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=57421