Deadline: 1 December 2019
The U.S. Embassy South Africa Public Affairs Section, U.S. Department of State (PAS) has announced a 2020 South Africa Mandela Washington Fellow Program Logistics.
The grantee will work cooperatively with the Public Affairs Sections in Pretoria, Durban, Cape Town, and Johannesburg to manage the logistics for participants in the 2020-2021 Mandela Washington Fellows (MWF) Program. MWF started in 2014 as a flagship program of the Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) that empowers young people through academic coursework, leadership training, and networking. The Fellowship provides 700 young leaders from Sub-Saharan Africa with the opportunity to hone their skills at a U.S. college or university with support for professional development after they have returned home.
The grantee will facilitate the following:
- Travel logistics and other related expenses for approximately 46 South African students including domestic travel related to interviews and the pre-departure orientation.
- Logistics and related expenses for a three-day pre-departure orientation (PDO) in Johannesburg including venue selection and payment, and overnight accommodation and meals for participants.
- Domestic logistics and related expenses for 46 students to travel to the U.S. including travel allowance, transportation from home city to departure city, and hotel and meals in departure city if needed. (NOTE: U.S. cooperating agencies will arrange for participants’ round-trip international air travel so no travel expenses for international flight need to be included.)
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $35,000
- Award Ceiling: $35,000
- Award Floor: $25,000
- PAS encourages applications from U.S. and South African registered not-for-profit organizations, including civil society/non-governmental organizations with programming experience.
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants are only allowed to submit one proposal per organization. If more than one proposal is submitted from an organization, all proposals from that institution will be considered ineligible for funding.
How to Apply
Application should be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=321593