Partnership Engage Grants Program in Canada
Deadline: 15 September 2019
The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) is seeking applications for its Partnership Engage Grants to provide short-term and timely support for partnered research activities that will inform decision-making at a single partner organization from the public, private or not-for-profit sector.
Partnership Engage Grants are expected to respond to the objectives of the Insight program and the Connection program.
- The objectives of the Insight program are to:
- build knowledge and understanding from disciplinary, interdisciplinary and/or cross-sector perspectives through support for the best researchers;
- support new approaches to research on complex and important topics, including those that transcend the capacity of any one scholar, institution or discipline;
- provide a high-quality research training experience for students;
- fund research expertise that relates to societal challenges and opportunities; and
- mobilize research knowledge, to and from academic and non-academic audiences, with the potential to lead to intellectual, cultural, social and economic influence, benefit and impact
- The objectives of the Connection program are to:
- facilitate the multidirectional flow of social sciences and humanities knowledge among researchers and between the campus and the larger community, in order to enhance intellectual, cultural, social and economic influence, benefit and impact;
- increase the accessibility and use of social sciences and humanities research knowledge among academic and non-academic audiences;
- support the building of reciprocal relationships among social sciences and humanities researchers, and between social sciences and humanities researchers and those in a position to either co-create or use research knowledge;
- support the development of social sciences and humanities research networks and tools designed to facilitate scholarly work; and
- make such networks and tools more accessible to non-academic audiences.
Partnership Engage Grants are valued at $7,000 to $25,000 for one year.
- Most SSHRC funding is awarded through open competitions. Proposals may involve any disciplines, thematic areas, approaches or subject areas eligible for SSHRC funding
- Projects whose primary objective is curriculum development are not eligible for funding under this funding opportunity.
- Applicants must be affiliated with an eligible Canadian postsecondary institution at the time of application. Researchers who maintain an affiliation with a Canadian postsecondary institution, but whose primary affiliation is with a non-Canadian postsecondary institution, are not eligible for applicant status.
- Postdoctoral researchers are eligible to be applicants if they have formally established an affiliation with an eligible institution at the time of application, and maintain such an affiliation for the duration of the grant period.
- An individual is eligible to be a co-applicant if they are formally affiliated with any of the following:
- Canadian: Postsecondary institution; not-for-profit organization; philanthropic foundation; think tank; or municipal, territorial or provincial government.
- International: Postsecondary institution.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via given website.
Eligible Country: Canada
For more information, please visit http://www.sshrc-crsh.gc.ca/funding-financement/programs-programmes/partnership_engage_grants-subventions_d_engagement_partenarial-eng.aspx